Thursday, August 14, 2014

Far Longer Than Forever

Props to my mom for reminding me of this song from Swan Princess and how much I wanted to be Princess Oddette when I was growing up. I think it is perfect for year 3's theme. 
Today (aka when I started this on Tuesday) Sel and I have been married for three wonderful years. I honestly could not have dreamed up a better anniversary present than our sweet little boy. Seeing Sel love all over Rowboat is even better than eating premium ice-cream topped with butterfingers and heath bars. To celebrate the past few years of bliss, we took our very first family pictures with Rowboat. We wanted to get one like the beauty below, but dang it if I didn't find our photographer while I was still pregnant. We just ended up settling for Sel standing naked behind me and Rowan wrapped comfortably to my stomach in some classy lime green fish netting. I will answer your question as to whether I was wearing pants with another question; Is the girl in the photograph wearing pants? I can hardly wait to see if our pics make it on the awkward family photo website. 

Rowan is an incredibly sweet baby. We are both so deeply in love with him and his mild tempered self.    He tends to only cry with good reason - when he is hungry, gassy, or when his super awesome mom accidentally slams his tiny baby leg against our door frame at 4:00am. He is also very much a Warden-King child in the sense that the kid loves to eat. I can hardly believe how quickly he is growing. He can't fit in any newborn clothing anymore and keeps packing on the lbs like it is his job. It technically is his job right now despite the fact that Sel and I keep encouraging him to get a job that actually earns money.
I really intended for this post to be well thought out, but Rowboat has had other plans for me everytime I have sat down to write it. Instead of some wonderfully written paragraphs, I will just post some pictures of the adorable creature Sel and I made (which I am positive is much preferred).
These two boys hold my whole heart. Rowan has been fine tuning his motor skills and exploring what he can do with his hands. He was melting my heart the other day by reaching up to touch Sel's beard a bunch. 

He was super happy to be Batman today. Excuse the Zomie look I am working lately thanks to Rowan's late night partying and drinking problem

I love this one so much I am going to post it on Facebook too about five minutes after I post this blog

I think he looks like a tiny little angel when he sleeps

Again with the Batbaby. Thanks Aunt Jenn for making this dude look super fly

Rowboat is still unsure how he feels about Sel's beard. 



Seriously! Look how much smaller he looks. He no longer fits in that onsie from when he first rocked this old man look at five days old. 

Funny story. We ended up doing Rowan's blessing at the hospital with ALL of that wonderful family. Brianna, Uncle Bern and my linebacker nephew drove through the night to make it in time and then Jess and Bern drove all the way back to Missouri a few hours after the impromptu blessing. My parents also ended up canceling a bunch of their Sunday meetings to make it up for the blessing. I still cannot believe we all fit in that tiny hospital room. We are so lucky to have such a spectacular bunch we call family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment